Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

any experimenters here?

Options
jumper
jumper Posts: 2,609

For example using packing in place of ferrule?

Comments

  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Posts: 2,828
    edited 8:51PM

    "…packing in place of ferrule?"??? I don't think so.

    I'm a big time experimenter, it seems. Everything that I've done that's failed on reflection was an experiment,

  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Posts: 4,197

    Hi, The ferrule idea sounds like risky business. You could do a test and see at what pressure the packing connection blows off the pipe 🚀. My question is what problem are you looking to solve?

    Yours, Larry

  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Posts: 28,394

    a compression ferrule is a connection system. It locks into the pipe or tube to keep it from pulling apart.

    Although there are other definitions for a ferrule I use wire ferrules on stranded wire to give you a single pin for terminal strips

    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Posts: 7,700

    Why? Why not cut it back and install a new ferrule? Not long enough? Get some tubing, a compression union, and a new ferrule.