Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

!! Code 11 - Brand new Rinnai V65e !!

Options
HELP!

Brand new Rinnai V65e installed, getting code 11.

Gas company came out, meter and regulator works perfectly fine.

We have no hot water, really frustrated!!

Any one here have any ideas?

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    Try calling a service company. The gas company's only concern is gas leaking or CO levels!
  • duranduran
    duranduran Member Posts: 4
    Options
    i did call them, gas company, they came out, checked the pressure, checked the meter and the regulator. all checked out.....FRUSTRATED =\
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    Not the gas company. Call your Rinnai dealer or installer.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    So brand new? Did it ever work and if so how long? Was it installed by the gas company or someone else?
  • duranduran
    Options
    welll...tech came by (again), checked for a bad ground - wasn't that. He checked one of the connectors that was routed to the flame rods/ ignitor and it wasn't even on right. it' slid right off, he pushed it up on - it clicked and BOOOOM FIXEDD!
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options

welll...tech came by (again), checked for a bad ground - wasn't that. He checked one of the connectors that was routed to the flame rods/ ignitor and it wasn't even on right. it' slid right off, he pushed it up on - it clicked and BOOOOM FIXEDD!

i did call them, gas company, they came out, checked the pressure, checked the meter and the regulator. all checked out.....FRUSTRATED =\

Did they do a Combustion analyses?
  • duranduran
    Options
    i have no clue, we ran all the faucets and showers in the house. All get hot water at the same time.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    So apparently they didn't do a combustion test on initial fire, or it wouldn't have fired long enough to do the test. Ugh, the gas company.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt