Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Procrastination

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
What's your favorite thing to leave to next week? Maybe.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    What I forgot to do last week!!!
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    Something that isn't critical, that allows me to spend a few extra minutes with my family.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    I'll look at my list, next week, if I remember. B)
  • Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out. Just check my closet.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    I’m not a fan of doing bookwork. Tools are far more fun to have in my hands. B)
    Yours, Larry
    kcoppdelta T
  • icy78
    icy78 Member Posts: 404
    I'm with KC, I'll often put something off if I means I can do something with my older boys or read to my younger kids.

However to answer your question, lately it's been backing up the computer because the last time I did that it crashed and I had to send it in. It was only 5 weeks old and was nothing apparently that I did but it sure has made me gun-shy LOL
    BTW it took 5 weeks to get back.
    The company was in the throes of moving from Tennessee to Texas. Apparently the week that I sent it in ....and their promise of receiving it back in 9 days went on and on and then the part that it needed ( which they never said what it was,) had to come from China.
    I think by the length of time it took, it must have been from Wuhan Province.
    Then , when they shipped it it went via FedEx and we got a text that said it was due to arrive in two days and then FedEx said that due to inclement weather it would be three days and then we heard nothing more until it showed up and got left out on the street, in the rain, 8 days after the promised date.
    So it boils down to..... my favorite thing to put off would be to crash the computer again!🙂
  • DanHolohan
    A bit of stress there. Gosh.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Do you put off buying tools you know will help you do a better job?
    Retired and loving it.
    SeanBeans
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Not unless I really can't afford it. In fact, I've been known to buy tools on the speculation that I'll find a use for it some time in the future…
    mattmia2STEAM DOCTOR
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775
    Grandpa always said...……..Why put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the next day...……….

Lets go fishing!
    STEVEusaPA
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506

Do you put off buying tools you know will help you do a better job?

Not any more. But when times were lean when I first started, I'd save up to get a good tool that I need, tightening up my belt, over a cheaper tool thinking I'd get the nicer one when I 'have more money'.
    steve
    ratio
  • outofplumb
    outofplumb Member Posts: 5
    Dan, new tools end up on my son's truck,and then in a customers basement!

delta T
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hi @DanHolohan , I think of getting tools as investing in myself. When they are put to use, the rate of return is far better than any other legal investment. That’s my excuse :D I just like tools!
    Yours, Larry
    mattmia2ratio
  • DanHolohan
    So no procrastination on great tools. Nice!
    Retired and loving it.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Yeah, that'd be like procrastinating on that cold beer that's calling to you from the fridge after a long day at work.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,574
    Posting helpful and/or smartass comments to other people's questions instead of writing up my own questions.
    BillyO
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Cleaning out my van, doing bids, and anything having to do with paperwork.
    Rick
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    I think I would have to agree w Rick ,cleaning the van it a thankless job that before you know has to be done again and again it seems it never ends and what can I take off that I won’t need and end up putting more on . I sometimes wish I had a crystal ball as to what goes and what stays lol peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,951
    I was going to respond yesterday but I didn't get around to it.
    icy78Erin Holohan Haskellmattmia2
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,951
    Definitely cleaning/organizing the van and shop. And leaving it to next week would be a very very good week. Next season more like it.
  • DanHolohan
    Do you put off vacations in favor of work? How about bucket-list trips?
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    How about having a will? Do you put that off?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    My Will is 50 years old and instructs the executor to liquidate all assets and put the funds in a trust to pay for raising my son, who is now 53 years old! How's that for procrastination?
    mattmia2SlamDunkSolid_Fuel_Man
  • DanHolohan
    Fred. 😂
    Retired and loving it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Will...done.
    Vacations are more planned seasonally during slower times-Late Spring, Summer and early Fall.
    We've temporarily postponed our overseas trip and a cruise due to the corona virus scare-not because I'm afraid of getting it.
    I'm more worried about being in a situation where I end up quarantined somewhere in the world, on a cruise ship or in an Army Base for 3 weeks.
    steve
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    edited March 2020
    Taxes, which is a good thing because I was just told my W2 had a mistake that would require filing an amendment. Sometimes it pays to procrastinate!

Last Will? Why did you have to bring that up?
  • exqheat
    exqheat Member Posts: 178
    "Marketing activities". When I'm busy, I think I can't handle any more. When I'm not busy, I wonder, "Why did I not do more Marketing". As for tools, you would not believe what I bought this week. See my dirty tank issue. There are certain things we must do every day, for sure. Note what you need as you are working. I use my notes app on my phone. Check the Stock market for 15 minutes at least in the morning and when you get home. Make a must do each day list, and post it next to your mirror. Attempt to do the three most important things you have to do today. The rest will wait till tomorrow. Answer the phone yourself if at all possible. Call back the missed calls as soon as possible. " They will call someone else for sure."

"Be the steam. Be the water." from Dan H
    John Cockerill Exquisite Heat www.exqheat.com Precisions boiler control from indoor reset.
  • Mike_Sheppard
    Mike_Sheppard Member Posts: 696
    I've been slacking on a lot recently since I switched companies. Should have had my last two masters licenses last year and haven't managed to submit applications yet.

Health is a big one... I know I need to eat better and exercise more but instead I work too much and read too much... A co-worker of mine had a heart attack on Friday evening and another one had a heart attack on Tuesday morning. The second one is only 27 years old. They're both alright. It is a bit of a wake-up call for myself.
    Never stop learning.