Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2.5 ton 16 seer heat pump needed

Options
Does anyone else besides Goodman make a 16 seer 2.5 ton heat pump that can be paired with a 17.5” wide AHU to get 16 seer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks to all

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Trane XR15 offers a 2.5 ton that will get up to 16 SEER depending on the A/H coil. If this is related to your other thread with the TXV, I dont believe you'll achieve that rating with a 17.5" cabinet and (converted) R22 evap.
    I would tell your client you can do anything if they have the $$. Its the round hole square peg syndrome.
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    thanks for the response, this is a different job then the one that needs the r22 valve
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    > @zepfan said:
    > thanks for the response, this is a different job then the one that needs the r22 valve

Ok then check out the Trane. Of the major brands, I find the higher SEER ratings mostly only offer 24,36,48, etc.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Carrier.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    Individual components do not have SEER ratings!

To get 16 SEER it has to be matched with there coil, air handler and have an AHRI #.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Look at BOSCH, super crazy numbers with just a coil and outdoor, furnace doesn’t matter. They have a 17” coil.

You need 16 seer———-rebate job? Massachusetts?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    ComfortStar makes an adapter to use one of their mini split condensers or heat pumps with any indoor coil. It's in their catalog, but I can't seem to find it on their website for some reason.

Johnstone hawks them around here, and can get information about them; but they've been non-responsive to my emails. FWIW.

zepfan