Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

2.5 ton 16 seer heat pump needed

Does anyone else besides Goodman make a 16 seer 2.5 ton heat pump that can be paired with a 17.5” wide AHU to get 16 seer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks to all

Comments

• HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 2,254Member
    edited June 4
    Trane XR15 offers a 2.5 ton that will get up to 16 SEER depending on the A/H coil. If this is related to your other thread with the TXV, I dont believe you'll achieve that rating with a 17.5" cabinet and (converted) R22 evap.
    I would tell your client you can do anything if they have the $$. Its the round hole square peg syndrome.
  • zepfanzepfan Posts: 265Member
    thanks for the response, this is a different job then the one that needs the r22 valve
  • HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 2,254Member
    > @zepfan said:
    > thanks for the response, this is a different job then the one that needs the r22 valve

Ok then check out the Trane. Of the major brands, I find the higher SEER ratings mostly only offer 24,36,48, etc.
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 1,374Member
    Carrier.
  • pecmsgpecmsg Posts: 798Member
    Individual components do not have SEER ratings!

To get 16 SEER it has to be matched with there coil, air handler and have an AHRI #.
  • GWGW Posts: 3,417Member
    Look at BOSCH, super crazy numbers with just a coil and outdoor, furnace doesn’t matter. They have a 17” coil.

You need 16 seer———-rebate job? Massachusetts?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]
  • ratioratio Posts: 2,034Member
    ComfortStar makes an adapter to use one of their mini split condensers or heat pumps with any indoor coil. It's in their catalog, but I can't seem to find it on their website for some reason.

Johnstone hawks them around here, and can get information about them; but they've been non-responsive to my emails. FWIW.