Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Navien Vent Blamed for CO Poisoning Deaths
On May 2nd a family of four was found dead in their home after a wellness check by the police. CO poisoning was suspected. This is near Sunbury Ohio, about 20 miles south of me. Today details of the investigation were reported by local news channels. Sadly, the signs of illness were there days prior to May 2nd but no one recognized them as exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide and there was no CO detector in the home.
The exhaust vent on the Navien heater came apart, leaking CO into the home. It had been installed recently by the homeowner who owned and operated a construction company.
Just days after this happened, a similar incident with a Navien vent happened in a neighboring county. Fortunately the family got medical help and survived. https://www.10tv.com/article/water-heater-blame-carbon-monoxide-deaths-genoa-township-family-investigation-finds-2019-may