Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

From the makers of the 200 MPG carburetor?

Options

Comments

• Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    Interesting the they have a BBB rating of A+. Looks like a small low wattage electric resistance infrared heater to me.

Who wants to buy it and we can mail it to each other for "testing"?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    SuperTech
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options

Who wants to buy it and we can mail it to each other for "testing"?

and operators are standing by if you call in the next 10 mins you get Two yes TWO for the price of one, just pay the addational shipping and handling!

P T Barnum was right...……
    There's a sucker born every minute!
    Ironmanrick in Alaska
  • flat_twin
    flat_twin Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Reminds me of the Eden Pure heater hype from a few years ago (emphasis on hype)
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    At least the "greedy electric company" sells an actual useful product......
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Due to overwhelming demand, inventory has been difficult to maintain. As of today there is a limited supply of Heat Hero™.

OH MY GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO IF THEY DON'T HAVE ANY????????????????????
    SuperTechdelta T
  • GBart
    Options
    some reviews:

Ordered 2 one burnt up after a couple of days. Thank God we were home! They will not respond to emails and the phone is always busy!!! Don't waste your $

Quit in 2 days...smelled funny and switches broke or burned out....returned...cost $16 to return 2....have heard nothing about a refund yet...but they did let me know the received them..

what a scam I have been trying to get my money back since December filed a complaint with BBB
    hopefully they can help. The heater was a piece of junk, was not what they described.

My Heat Hero worked three times, and not very well at that, then the on/off switch broke. I sent it back, they received it, and I never received my refund. Even worse is that their "customer service" gave me the incorrect return address and UPS charged me an additional $16.40 to re-direct. I am now out nearly $65.00 for an item that barely worked and I they received it back! My only hope is that Paypal will do right by me. DO NOT BUY!!!!
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Options
    I think @Jamie Hall will buy one for us to all try! Anyone have a brick or steel building which we cant burn down? Those greedy utility companies....sheesh...
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Options
    Wait, can we get one for the LOW LOW LOW price of 19.95 plus the cost of shipping and handling?
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Such a shame, often $20 can buy a 1500W ceramic heater that actually works and is just as efficient as any other resistive electric heater.

Of course, they aren't gimmicky.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    IronmanDZoro
  • GBart
    Options
    And what’s so incredible about Heat Hero™ is that it plugs directly into any standard outlet. No messy wires running across your house. This way it's real close to your sheetrock wall and when it overheats it can quickly and efficiently start a fire.

I don't see anywhere that states it's UL listed
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options

2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    SuperTechChrisJdelta T
  • GBart
    Options
    This product goes by different names as well, like HandyHeater, none seem to be UL approved.

I thought you had to have UL approval to sell a heating product in the US??? Is that true?
  • KC_Jones
    Options
    GBart said:

This product goes by different names as well, like HandyHeater, none seem to be UL approved.

I thought you had to have UL approval to sell a heating product in the US??? Is that true?

UL is a marketing thing for the manufacturer, there isn't any legal requirement for UL for anything.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    Lol, those reviews are fantastic. Definitely some Chinese made junk built for suckers.
  • GBart
    Options
    KC_Jones said:

GBart said:

UL is a marketing thing for the manufacturer, there isn't any legal requirement for UL for anything.
    It's actually more than that, it's a testing laboratory that helps to ensure the products you sell are safe, it should probably be required.

https://www.ul.com/aboutul/history/
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Wouldn't it be wrong to force products to be UL listed when they aren't the only game in town?

What's wrong with CSA?

• KC_Jones
    Options
    GBart said:

KC_Jones said:

GBart said:

It's actually more than that, it's a testing laboratory that helps to ensure the products you sell are safe, it should probably be required.

https://www.ul.com/aboutul/history/
    I am fully aware of what it is and how it's used, I have been through the approval process for products. We did it for marketing purposes like a lot of others do. Did UL make our product any better or any safer? NOPE Did it make it more expensive....absolutely.

I am not arguing what they test and what they do, they are good at what they do and the help manufacturers make a safer product, but is is leveraged for marketing to sell the products.

In a lot of ways it's no different than AHRI, CTI or any of the other certification programs out there, UL just happens to deal with safety. We deal directly with many of the others as well.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    ChrisJSolid_Fuel_Man
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    It does say it is only 350 watts.
    Perhaps that is too low to require the UL listing as a heater.
  • Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 394
    Options
    UL testing isn’t intended to make a product better. It is simply to indicate that a product has met a minimum set of safety requirements. The reality is that good manufacturers don’t need it and those who need it will not submit their products for testing. :)
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    edited February 2019
    Options
    True enough, @Voyager . The same is true for CSA testing;; the two are almost the same (enough to be regarded as virtually interchangeable). Neither one is intended to protect against foolish use by fools -- and given the ingenuity of fools, they really can't be expected to.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    350 watts from something that small. That’s a fire waiting ot happen.
    SuperTech
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Some battery operated socks would be far better........
    vibert_c