Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler staging control based on temp drop

mottywalter
mottywalter Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Thermostats and Controls
Does someone know of a boiler staging control based on programble temp. drop only !! not on time

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    I'm not familiar with the hydronic controls available, but Honeywell makes a T775 controller with a collection of output forms like relay, floating, and analog; as well as reset on certain models. Fairly flexible, yet simple to install, wire, and program.

I've used them for modulating SCR heat with reset, modulating heat & cool, staged cooling, and staged cooling with modulating heat.

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    ratio said:

I'm not familiar with the hydronic controls available, but Honeywell makes a T775 controller with a collection of output forms like relay, floating, and analog; as well as reset on certain models. Fairly flexible, yet simple to install, wire, and program.

I've used them for modulating SCR heat with reset, modulating heat & cool, staged cooling, and staged cooling with modulating heat.

I would second this suggestion.
    The hardest part is figuring which T775 you need.
    Very simple to program.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • KVieira
    KVieira Member Posts: 5
    Check out HBX. The CPU-0550 allows for you to stage up to 3 boilers w/ outdoor reset. www.hbxcontrols.com
  • Sam81
    Sam81 Member Posts: 37
    Tekmar controls has good options
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Are you looking to essentially enable multiple single stage boilers based on OAT?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!