Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One boiler to 2 boilers

EzzyT
EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
Ripped out this leaking 211A-5 section.
Installing 2-64-09s which will be staged fired. Here is some progress of the job. 
Thanks to Henry Supply for having these boilers in stock which where the only ones in stock in the entire country. 
E-Travis Mechanical LLC
Etravismechanical@gmail.com
201-887-8856
JUGHNEIronmankcoppErin Holohan HaskellSTEVEusaPA

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Looking good and fun!

Are all of the "bafflers" in place?

Is this like pages 424 & 425 of TLAOSH revisited?

Will the new lower water line present any problems?

Gravity return?
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,695
    edited August 2022
    Henry supply is either magical or has the largest warehouse on the east coast. They had my boiler delivered same day on @clammy 's referral. And I read here about a contractor who drove up from Virginia or somewhere to pick one up.

Will they be stage-fired in tandem? Like both on high, then both on low in concert?
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Lucky client, all around!
    Retired and loving it.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    What size is that old header? My back aches just looking at it.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • EzzyT
    @JUGHNE no baffles. Yes exactly like pages 425& 425 in TLAOSH. All gravity returns well below the new boilers water lines.

@ethicalpaul yes on the staging firing.

@KC_Jones 6” I know so does mine.

Some progress for todays work. 
    Thanks to @clammy for helping out on this one.

E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
    PC7060KC_JonesethicalpaulSTEVEusaPA
  • EzzyT
    @DanHolohan and thank you much appreciated. 
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    edited August 2022
    As always it’s always great to spin a wrench along side Ezxy and Dave . There nothing better then to work w someone who knows what there doing and is prepared to the hilt always w everything that’s needed and more . Another great pleasure is to work w some one who isn’t stuck to one plan and has the willingness to change the plan as the job progresses or take some one else’s spin on how to do something a great trait better then being completely stuck in a single vision .
    In closing this home owner was lucky to get the right guy in there to do the right job and get it right the first time . I highly doubt most contractor would have done the job as well as was done especially with the eye for small details which separates the ok from those who practice the noblest of all trades as I see it . steam fitting . As I see it there’s at least a few guys who truely know , live and breathe steam to which I can say truthfully Ezzy is one of the few and can be called one of the best in these parts for sure

Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
    pecmsgSTEVEusaPA
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    Its just a damn shame to see all that crappy PEX run in the same pics as @EzzyT 's work!
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,695
    edited August 2022
    Crappy, inexpensive, easy to install, easy to modify, extremely reliable and long-lived pex

Also: Boilers by Peerless, clothing by Weil-McLain :joy:
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,460
    very nice looking job Nothing better looking than a professional steam project
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    It's great to see a well thought out installation. I am curious how you are staging the boilers...with a 2 stage thermostat or off of pressure or some other way. If you're running vacuum, I suspect you could run it probably like the original set up ran. Set back at night and then run up and fill the system in the AM with both boilers and then let it drop into vacuum and just run on 1 boiler the rest of the day. You'll probably need stack dampers to help cut the standby losses when only running 1 boiler, but the second boiler is getting heated by back feed steam.
    On a former vapor/naturally induce vacuum system in a big home, we orificed the radiators down to current heat peak heat loss and put in a steam boiler sized to the peak heat loss. Just running standard cycles, the system will run in a 5 to 8 inch HG vacuum most of the time IIRC.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Excellent job!!! Nice work