Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Steam boiler excessive makeup water usage
One-pipe residential steam boiler. Water needs to be fed every 2 days or low cutoff gets engaged. It seems way too frequent, it should be what, topped off once a week?
- checked chimney while boiler was running on a cold day, no visible steam.
- half air vents are new, no visible steam coming out of any
- no visible leaks throughout the unfinished basement
- 117.8K All Categories
- 82.9K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.7K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 44 Biomass
- 406 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 11 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.6K Domestic Hot Water
- 4.3K Gas Heating
- 107 Geothermal
- 149 Indoor-Air Quality
- 2.7K Oil Heating
- 45 Pipe Deterioration
- 697 Plumbing
- 4.9K Radiant Heating
- 353 Solar
- 13.3K Strictly Steam
- 2.9K Thermostats and Controls
- 48 Water Quality
- 601 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 31 Industry Classes
- 65 Job Opportunities
- 12 Recall Announcements