Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Steam boiler excessive makeup water usage
One-pipe residential steam boiler. Water needs to be fed every 2 days or low cutoff gets engaged. It seems way too frequent, it should be what, topped off once a week?
- checked chimney while boiler was running on a cold day, no visible steam.
- half air vents are new, no visible steam coming out of any
- no visible leaks throughout the unfinished basement
- All Categories
- 84.3K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.9K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 53 Biomass
- 417 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 44 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.8K Domestic Hot Water
- 4.8K Gas Heating
- 120 Geothermal
- 156 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3K Oil Heating
- 57 Pipe Deterioration
- 794 Plumbing
- 5.4K Radiant Heating
- 369 Solar
- 14.1K Strictly Steam
- 3.1K Thermostats and Controls
- 53 Water Quality
- 634 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 39 Industry Classes
- 80 Job Opportunities
- 22 Recall Announcements