Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thank A Plumber

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited November 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
imageThank A Plumber

We are in the midst of the largest crisis since World War II. People are working from home, some have no work to go to and those that are working are wondering for how long. But those that are not concerned about working are Plumbers. Not only are they listed as “essential” they are listed TWICE. Let that sink in.

Read the full story here

Ironmandelta T

Comments

• DavidDow_2
    DavidDow_2 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I appreciate the appreciation.
    We don't get that too much. Probably due to the invoice.
    Who else carries a storehouse on their truck, attends tons of seminars and continuing license education? We run the most expensive trade of trades.
    There's been many times I had a sandwich in one hand and a wrench in the other. 45 years now and winding down.
    It's what we do!!!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Amen!
    Retired and loving it.
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,580
    Options
    If it weren't for plumbers, we'd have nowhere to go!
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    Ya, I started thinking like a plumber. Here is my latest hydronic installation. It sure paid well.

delcrossv
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Ya! "There's been many times I had a sandwich in one hand and a wrench in the other",too, and I forgot which hand was which--which is why I'm missing teeth.
    delcrossvCLamb
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    and the unflattering comments just keep coming---I stopped identifying as a plumber 15 years ago. It took me 5 years to make the transition.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    I'll put my neck out there. I am a plumber and a heating guy. I started out as a fire sprinkler installer, then transitioned into plumbing and heating. I probably do more heating than plumbing, mostly because I enjoy it more, and there is more of a challenge for troubleshooting, which I enjoy a lot.
    I'm still ok with plumber jokes though. B)
    Rick
  • SlamDunk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I tell my Primary physician he is just an over glorified mechanic. We laugh until he tells me how much my insurance company will be paying him.......Then he is the only one laughing!
  • GW
    Options
    Rick you’re a better man- I’m kinda tired of the lack of respect. I thoroughly smile (inside) when I heard people “can’t find a good plumber “ 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    Options
    Slam you need to charge more than he does- kinda simple problem to resolve 😀
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • SlamDunk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @GW

Can't. I have to bow my head to the fact that he works on his equipment LIVE whilst I LOTO everything.
    ratioCLamb
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    I saw a poster in Nolan's that showed thousands of people in a triangle configuration standing behind a plumber. You could see the occupations of the people in front. Nurses police etc. The plumber held a huge wrench and the caption at the bottom read. The Plumber Guardian Of The Nations Health
    delcrossv
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 489
    Options
          I'm extremely proud of what I've accomplished while providing & maintaining  sanitation these past 50 plus years. 
          I enjoy being able to recognize ( the almost daily ) opportunities for learning, I enjoy working along side my contractors association peers on charitable projects, and, I value the relationships and friendships forged from every angle of working in the building trades.
          There have been circumstances that exercised the full range of my emotions, but no one issue was too great to temper how proud I am of being a Plumber..........
    Larry Weingarten
  • delcrossv
    delcrossv Member Posts: 742
    Options
    unclejohn said:

I saw a poster in Nolan's that showed thousands of people in a triangle configuration standing behind a plumber. You could see the occupations of the people in front. Nurses police etc. The plumber held a huge wrench and the caption at the bottom read. The Plumber Guardian Of The Nations Health

This one?

Trying to squeeze the best out of a Weil-McLain JB-5 running a 1912 1 pipe system.