Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube instinct

Chip_8
Chip_8 Member Posts: 15
has anyone had any feedback on these boilers yet? I am looking to install one for a customer that is requesting it.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    edited September 2020
    I don't have direct experience with one. It sure looks like they rearranged a prestige and gave it a much needed 8 to 1 turndown.
    https://www.triangletube.com/getmedia/4856b267-3ba7-499b-907e-ba20abac7011/2019-14-Instinct-Launch-Literature-(rev).pdf?ext=.pdf
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • ednelson7373
    ednelson7373 Member Posts: 8
    I am in tech support at triangle tube if you have any questions I would be happy to speak to you
    you can reach me 8-5 weekdays 856 228 8881 ex 155
    hope I can help
    Ed Nelson
  • Mark_A
    Mark_A Member Posts: 1
    Hey Chip,
    The Instinct is not a "rearranged Prestige", it uses a new heat exchanger and combustion design and new ignition system. Have also gone to some new component manufacturers . All new product backed by the strongest warranty in the industry
    Thanks for your interest!
    ZmanKennyCatbox
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,977
    edited September 2020
    The Instinct is not a "rearranged Prestige", it uses a new heat exchanger and combustion design and new ignition system. Have also gone to some new component manufacturers . All new product backed by the strongest warranty in the industry

What kind of HX? Tell us more about the combustion design and ignition system. Is labor covered in the new warranty?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Zman
    Mark_A said:

Hey Chip,
    Thanks for your interest!

@Mark_A
    Please fill us in on the revolutionary new product. On the surface you have a stainless firetube boiler with turndown ratios similar to the other firetubes on the market. The controls look very similar to the Prestige.

Hypothetically, does the "strongest warranty in the industry" cover labor to replace the heat exchanger when the studs on the top spontaneously pop off after 5 years? 10 years?
    Albert Einstein
  • Zman
    BTW, I have a 15 year old TT Prestige in my house. I have had no major issues. Triangle Tube had the lions share of the market back then. R&D as well as local training and support has fallen of in recent years.
    Albert Einstein
  • DeBow
    DeBow Member Posts: 4
    I have installed about 12 or more of the Prestige Excellence boilers and all was good. During the sale of the company all of the local wholesalers dropped the brand because they were not paying out on warranty parts. I switched to the IBC GL series boiler and it is extremely similar. My understanding is some of the engineers came from Triangle Tube. Technical support was very good. The boiler is much better than many others on the market.
  • KennyCatbox
    KennyCatbox Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2021
    Hmmmm...so what to do? IBC DC series or TT Instinct? Seriously considering both, trying to decide...any more feedback, pos/neg?
    Seems like TT better turndown ratio ( 8:1 vs 17:1; GPM (5 vs 3.2), and warranty...local dealer gets 7 years parts AND labor.
    IBC unit has 2 in 1 design in cast aluminum heatX, but TT has SS heat X.
    * TT installer is big, reputable company; IBC not as much.
    TT  made in Belgium,  but based in NJ( I'm in NY); IBC in Canada. 
    Does any of this matter? Am I overthinking this?
    Appreciate any feedback.
    TIA
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    I am a big fan of IBC especially the HC/ DC.
    If you have the room I would opt for the HC and have a separate indirect water heater off the boiler.
    Less wear and tear on the boiler and more consistent hot water. The HC has only 5 moving parts.
    That being said its the installer and which unit he can service easily and get running if there are issues.
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesKennyCatbox
  • motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    We have limited local support for IBM or NTI. We’ve installed several Instinct Boilers and generally had good luck with them. I think a few sensors have failed, but no major issues like the Prestigue.

That being said I’ve seen some horribly installed Prestigue boilers that are humming away 15 years later.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    The instinct has a lot of plastic