Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Triangle Tube instinct

Chip_8Chip_8 Member Posts: 15
has anyone had any feedback on these boilers yet? I am looking to install one for a customer that is requesting it.

Comments

• ZmanZman Member Posts: 5,948
    edited September 10
    I don't have direct experience with one. It sure looks like they rearranged a prestige and gave it a much needed 8 to 1 turndown.
    https://www.triangletube.com/getmedia/4856b267-3ba7-499b-907e-ba20abac7011/2019-14-Instinct-Launch-Literature-(rev).pdf?ext=.pdf
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • ednelson7373ednelson7373 Member Posts: 3
    I am in tech support at triangle tube if you have any questions I would be happy to speak to you
    you can reach me 8-5 weekdays 856 228 8881 ex 155
    hope I can help
    Ed Nelson
  • Mark_AMark_A Member Posts: 1
    Hey Chip,
    The Instinct is not a "rearranged Prestige", it uses a new heat exchanger and combustion design and new ignition system. Have also gone to some new component manufacturers . All new product backed by the strongest warranty in the industry
    Thanks for your interest!
    Zman
  • Alan (California Radiant) ForbesAlan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 2,455
    edited September 9
    The Instinct is not a "rearranged Prestige", it uses a new heat exchanger and combustion design and new ignition system. Have also gone to some new component manufacturers . All new product backed by the strongest warranty in the industry

What kind of HX? Tell us more about the combustion design and ignition system. Is labor covered in the new warranty?
    Often wrong, never in doubt.

Click here to learn more about this contractor.
    Mark_A said:

Hey Chip,
    Thanks for your interest!

@Mark_A
    Please fill us in on the revolutionary new product. On the surface you have a stainless firetube boiler with turndown ratios similar to the other firetubes on the market. The controls look very similar to the Prestige.

Hypothetically, does the "strongest warranty in the industry" cover labor to replace the heat exchanger when the studs on the top spontaneously pop off after 5 years? 10 years?
    Albert Einstein
    BTW, I have a 15 year old TT Prestige in my house. I have had no major issues. Triangle Tube had the lions share of the market back then. R&D as well as local training and support has fallen of in recent years.
    Albert Einstein
  • DeBowDeBow Member Posts: 4
    I have installed about 12 or more of the Prestige Excellence boilers and all was good. During the sale of the company all of the local wholesalers dropped the brand because they were not paying out on warranty parts. I switched to the IBC GL series boiler and it is extremely similar. My understanding is some of the engineers came from Triangle Tube. Technical support was very good. The boiler is much better than many others on the market.