Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What part do I need? Picture included.

Options
Redhawk24
Redhawk24 Member Posts: 28
I'm 1" short installing the hot water line for a new faucet. What's the simplest way to fix this? Is there a male to female extension?

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    Longer connector 
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    Connector is pre installed with the faucet I bought. What’s another solution?
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    Connector is pre installed with the faucet I bought. What’s another solution?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    Your best bet is going to be to install a longer piece between the T and the shutoff valve.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Larry Weingarten
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,833
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Get a 12 inch Speedy and loop it. Hold it with a couple zip ties. 
    Is the bull of the Tee for a dishwasher? Where's the valve for that?
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    HVACNUT said:
    Get a 12 inch Speedy and loop it. Hold it with a couple zip ties. 
    Is the bull of the Tee for a dishwasher? Where's the valve for that?
    What’s a speedy? The right side is the cold and has a tee going to a RO unit. 
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I use a 3/8" nut x 3/8" compression connector. I remove the nut and ferrule off the compression side and it screws into the end of the supply line on your faucet. The nut end screws into the valve.

Do not get a nut x nut supply line. It only has female threads.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,637
    Options
    you can get 3/8" supply lines with a compression fitting soldered on one end, that would do it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited April 2021
    Options
    mattmia2 said:

you can get 3/8" supply lines with a compression fitting soldered on one end, that would do it.

Lol. You think they’re going to solder? Or know how to, based on what they posted. They won’t even go buy a longer connector.
    steve
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,129
    edited April 2021
    Options
    A compression tee and cap, or additional Female by male compression straight stop. Both are available at box stores..
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    Lol. You think they’re going to solder? Or know how to, based on what they posted. They won’t even go buy a longer connector.
    No need to be a jerk. I would buy a longer connector but can’t. The faucet we bought a new connector cannot be replaced. Be helpful not rude. 
    STEVEusaPA
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    hot_rod said:
    A compression tee and cap, or additional Female by male compression straight stop. Both are available at box stores..
    Thanks! The tee would work. Is there a way to get similar without it being a tee, just straight?
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    Well, yes. I sort of assumed the OP had already thought of using a simple mail to female connector -- either flexy hose or what have you... and rejected that option. Silly me.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    Well, yes. I sort of assumed the OP had already thought of using a simple mail to female connector -- either flexy hose or what have you... and rejected that option. Silly me.
    That’s exactly what I’m looking for but cannot find it.  What would that be called so I can search for it online say via Home Depot? Thanks. 
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    I use a 3/8" nut x 3/8" compression connector. I remove the nut and ferrule off the compression side and it screws into the end of the supply line on your faucet. The nut end screws into the valve. Do not get a nut x nut supply line. It only has female threads.
    The top picture is exactly what I am looking for. How do I find that online?
  • mattmia2
    Options

mattmia2 said:

you can buy it already made up for faucets that have 3/8" supply stubs
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    you can buy it already made up for faucets that have 3/8" supply stubs
    Thanks. What would it be called so I can search for the part online?
  • Redhawk24
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    Thanks for the help. That doesn’t look like male to female though no? That’s what I’m having difficulty finding. 
  • mattmia2
    Options
    The compression ferrule and nut (either the one that came with the stop valve or the one from the riser) connects the copper tube end of the riser to the supply stop and the nut and gasket deal on the faucet supply hose connects to the compression fitting on the riser.
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    Redhawk24 said:
    Thanks for the help. That doesn’t look like male to female though no? That’s what I’m having difficulty finding. 

Ah... take the nut and ferrule off one end and connect that end to the faucet connector... connect the other end, with it's nut and ferrule still on, to the valve...
    Br. Jamie, osb
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    You can just get a regular supply line and a 3/8 compression by 1/2" male adapter. Screw the supply line onto the valve, and use the adapter between this line and the one from the faucet.
    Rick
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited April 2021
    Options
    This is the one I showed you. A plumbing supply company or Ace Hardware store should have them in stock.
    https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/plumbing-installation-repair/supply-lines/proline-3-8-compression-x-3-8-female-compression-braided-stainless-steel-faucet-supply-line/496-073/p-1444425450696.htm

If they only have a nut x nut supply connector (the second picture from my original post), purchase a 3/8" compression coupling and remove the nuts and ferrules to change one end from female to male.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • mattmia2
    Options
    There are a hundred ways to do this if you get a piece of 3/8" copper tubing and venture in to the fittings section.
  • Doggle12
    Doggle12 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Next time its called a Delta tube.