Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HVAC recommendation Western MA

Etoile
Etoile Member Posts: 20
Can you recommend a seasoned competent HVAC pro for Western MA, Berkshire county? The contractor listed on the site for this zip code will not travel this far.

Please help!

Thank you!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,160
    What kind of system? If it's steam try Charles Garrity ( @Charlie from wmass ) -- he's in Springfield, but I know he travels that far. Does hot water, too, but I'm not sure about AC or heat pumps.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    mattmia2
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    I do not service AC or warm air direct fired heat.I do service hydro air systems, steam, and hot water.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    mattmia2
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Try @GW not sure he's in franklin county but may not go as far as you need
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Sorry, we stay in a 20 minute radius. We can travel if the budget allows but most folks aren’t happy to pay us to drive. Thanks Ed 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Jamie Hall

I do not service AC or warm air direct fired heat.I do service hydro air systems, steam, and hot water.

I didn't think you did...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Etoile
    Woah, this is the issue we’re encountering. It’s not an emergency, with two issues that want correcting. Please help!
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,572
    @Etoile, if you would answer the question about what type of system it is, we could recommend someone.
    Charlie from wmass
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 643
    I'm in Berkshire county but I would have to know the system type before I could make a recommendation.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Etoile
    There are two separate issues-
    1. Gas powered forced water boiler with baseboard heating.
    2. Noritz tankless hot water heater.
    I can send photos, and more detail if that would be helpful.
    Thank you so much!
    Look forward to hearing from you.
  • Jamie Hall
    Ah. Now we're getting somewhere. I believe that Charles Garrity, whom I mentioned before, would work on at least the heating system.

Could we, perhaps, be allowed to know what sort of work needs to be done? What the problems are? We might just be able to be more helpful...
    Br. Jamie, osb