Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question Regarding Old Model Packaged Heat Pumps

Does anybody know if any company still sells packaged heat pumps with the supply on the right, and the output on the left, while facing the vents.
I have been looking online and all over the place, couldn't find one.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Supply and Output are the same. Supply and Return is what your asking.
    Supply on the right while facing the ductwork, or facing the duct openings in the unit?
    Ironman
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    return on right or supply on right?
  • Por
    Por Member Posts: 3
    Sorry about the confusion, the Supply is on the right while facing the duct openings. The more current ones all have the supply duct opening on the left while facing the openings, and I need to look for one that still has the supply on the right side. Thank You
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    What's the model number of the existing one?

How 'bout a few pics of it? Maybe some suggestions could be made.

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    This is a Trane XL16c. I cant find a spec sheet but it looks like a right side supply.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    HVACNUT said:

This is a Trane XL16c. I cant find a spec sheet but it looks like a right side supply.

That's like every new unit that I've seen. The supply is on the left when facing the unit's duct openings.

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Every unit that I know about made in the last 15+ years, has the duct connections the same way: supply on the left, return on the right when facing the duct openings on the unit.

Maybe someone else knows of something different, but you're probably gonna have to criss cross the ducts.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • ratio
    Have you called Trane to see if they have a current offering?

Actually, I recognize that layout. 60-80% sure it was a Carrier (or Bryant). I've installed that style of Trane (or possibly American Standard) as well.

You should be able to get one fairly easily, you'll need to talk to a rep though. Are you a home- or business-owner, or a contractor? Where are you located?

Is this on a roof somewhere, or ground mounted? You can always get a curb adapter to make something else fit onto the existing curb.

• Por
    Por Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the help. I think I will just have to call Trane to see if they still offer those older models.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Most units have a bottom as well as side S/R's. You may be able to raise unit and come out the bottom with one or both ducts.
  • ratio
    @Por, my guesstimator says this model is currently produced & most/all of the big mfgrs have a drop-in replacement.