Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Choosing The Trades

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited February 2020 in THE MAIN WALL

imageChoosing The Trades

Please share my sister’s story. It can inspire other girls to involve themselves in a trade. Sure, the work is tough, but it is also truly rewarding, and you can make a good living doing it. Paige is one example of the many strong, motivated females in the world, but there still aren’t enough.

Read the full story here

MikeL_2STEVEusaPASal Santamauramikeg2015

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    edited February 2020
    Mikayla Knowles, who wrote this wonderful piece, is 16 years old. She inspires me.
    Retired and loving it.
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2020
    I love this young lady and her story. If I was in need, I'd hire her in a second. She'll do great and go far. And most likely have a wonderful fulfilling life-both in and outside the trades.

How can we help her?
    Rock on Paige! (and join HeatingHelp.com) :)
    steve
    ethicalpaul7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • DanHolohan
    I'm mentoring Mikayla, and learning much from her. She's a talented writer. Keep your eye on her. She's going places.
    Retired and loving it.
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • 7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    I am blessed to have Mikayla, Paige her older sister and Peyton the youngest all in my program at LCTI. They are all very special, gifted and unique students. I cannot wait to see what the future will give them. It's going to be great!!
  • DanHolohan
    And they have the best teacher there is.
    Retired and loving it.
    MikeL_27_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • kevinjr16
    kevinjr16 Member Posts: 1
    Congrats way to go Mikayla I can see you becoming a professional writer
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    She looks like Rosey the riveter in that pic :) Good for her.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    What state are they from? I could use the help. I would hire her in a second
    7_Midgett_AKA_CoachIronman
  • DanHolohan
    Pennsylvania, around Allentown. Thanks!
    Retired and loving it.
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    The parents of these three girls should be extremely proud, as well as their instructor.

It's nice to read a good story

7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • StanleyClaus
    StanleyClaus Member Posts: 1
    I know Paige and her sisters through judging for SkillsUSA....she is the real deal
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • DanHolohan
    She is!
    Retired and loving it.
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • hcpatel78
    hcpatel78 Member Posts: 151
    edited March 2020
    Awesome, Great work! keep it up!... Yes You can achieve anything you want....The biggest fight every successful person fought is that against their own mind... once you win that battle with your self..... no one can stop you....
    Thank you,
    Hiren Patel
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • Lance
    Lance Member Posts: 265
    I raised three girls. They learned to solder, replace switches and outlets, one even worked a backhoe. They learned to be strong women. They support themselves and their families. Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Aren't we all supposed to do as much as we can? We are winners and even if we sometimes lose, we know how to put our boots on and work the problems. The real school in life is when you take charge of your own education and learn not to waste time but focus on results. Find the need, meet the need someone is willing to pay you for it. To create is the path to happiness and satisfaction. We are creators. We were born to create. Building one's self is but the beginning to building one's future.
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • Dan Nibbelink
    Dan Nibbelink Member Posts: 17
    I was chatting with a young man who was doing some plumbing work for me. I had come to the conclusion that he would be a good engineer so I asked him about that. He said that he had thought about that, but he liked working with his hands and solving problem, plus "they cannot outsource my job".
    7_Midgett_AKA_Coach
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    One of the best HVAC control people in Winnipeg is a young lady. All I can say is your family should be very proud of you.
  • JMMuschlitz
    JMMuschlitz Member Posts: 1
    I am very proud of this young Apprentice. I will be sharing her story with my class of Plumbers and HVAC techs at Middle Bucks Institute of Technology. I want to thank my friend and colleague, Ken Midgett AKA Coach for sharing this article and his passion for teaching and instilling work ethic into everything he does. The Knowles sisters are the true testament of his ability to teach this new generation and influence a positive professional outlook on all the trades.
    "Rock The Classroom" today and everyday.
    Erin Holohan Haskell