Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Geothermal Water Furnace Grundfas pump locked up

Have a 19 year old Waterfurnace geothermal 5 ton unit and the Grundfas up26 52722374 pump has locked up. Technician said the 2 pumps need to be replace as well as the flow center. The only test he did was to turn circuit breaker on and felt heat on the intake groundloop pump He did not pressure test the system. I forgot to tell him that there has been a long term weep from the flow center to where it goes into the unit. Can this and a vapor lock be my problem

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    This one will be difficult from afar. 19 years is a long life for a little circulator so it is likely bad. A tech that is very experience with the system might be able to glance at a pressure gauge and feel the pipes to make that determination.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    We are in the process of replacing 2 of those now. Those are normally pressurized flow centers too, so you may need a flush cart to purge i when replacing hte pumps.... unlike with an atmospheric system with a fill tank (more like the cooling system in your car).

Any chance that’s a Bristol 2 stage compressor? Probably not since it’s 19 years old and still running.... haha
    ratio