Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New approach could make HVAC heat exchangers five times more efficient

DJDrew
DJDrew Member Posts: 89
edited August 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
I came across this article and found it interesting, as there is a constant eye toward efficiency.

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-approach-hvac-exchangers-efficient.html

I am guessing this article is referencing commercial systems? But seems interesting...

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    It is hard to say what the application is. Not much detail...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Kindly note that we are not talking efficiency here, but heat transfer capacity for a given size. A very different critter.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    ZmanIronmanDJDrew
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Gee, it sounds like the engineers are discovering something that the old time engineers knew all along.... phase change heat transfer efficiency is exceptionally effective. It seems nearly all engineers these days need to read some old steam heat texts. I know my Alma Mater, IIT in Chicago, does not teach about steam Heating systems....only process steam. They are really missing the boat if we are looking to boost efficiencies of systems.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Gordo
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561

Kindly note that we are not talking efficiency here, but heat transfer capacity for a given size. A very different critter.

Well said!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein