Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

R22 txv needed for adp coil

Does anyone know of the company that makes the TXV's that have a threded connection on the outlet? I normally see these on the uncased adp evaporator coils, but looking on ADP's website I don't see that they offer one for R22, only 410a. We have a job where the evaporator coil needs to be replaced because the metal drain pan is leaking and the owner does not want to change out the ac unit. I want to make for an easy change out when the outdoor unit is eventually changed out. Take the r22 txv off the coil and replace it with a 410a thanks to all

Comments

• EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 5,951Member
    @zepfan

What your looking for is a Chatleff connector that's what those threaded connections are called. Sporlan, Parker, Danfoss all make them.

If you can't find a R-22 valve with chatleff connections. buy a sweat R-22 valve and put a chatleff connector on it. The connectors are made sweat x chatleff
  • John Mills_5John Mills_5 Posts: 918Member
    Our local Allied Air distributor stocks it. H2TXV01 for 1.5 to 2.5 ton and H2TXV02 for 3 - 5 ton. Supplyhouse.com has them listed.
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 5,852Member
    Does anyone have any reservations about using a previous R-22 evap coil with 410A?
    Any concerns about residual oil mixing with new?
  • ratioratio Posts: 2,072Member
    Oil isn't much of a concern, but IDK if an old 22 coil can take the pressures 410 works at. If it's not too old, it might have a dual rating.
  • EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 5,951Member
    R-22 coils used on 410A I am sure your not supposed to but I also know it's done all the time.

there are some old Sanyo ductless splits at the time share I go to on Cape Cod that are 35 years old (that's when I bought the time share) believe it or not. The line sets are buried in the walls.

I noticed about 5 years ago that they had replaced some condensing units with new 410A condensing units and used the old line sets and indoor units.

They do work, probably not right
  • pecmsgpecmsg Posts: 846Member
    Oil is not an Issue. R-22 Coils have NOT been pressure tested for R-410A standing pressures so you accept all liability if something goes wrong!
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 5,852Member
    Thanks all for your replies.
    I think another issue is the physical size is smaller for the same tonnage. Would it be a good guess to drop size by 1/2 or 1 ton with the proper TXV? Trying to get closer to the 410A AC SEER ?