Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R22 txv needed for adp coil

Options
Does anyone know of the company that makes the TXV's that have a threded connection on the outlet? I normally see these on the uncased adp evaporator coils, but looking on ADP's website I don't see that they offer one for R22, only 410a. We have a job where the evaporator coil needs to be replaced because the metal drain pan is leaking and the owner does not want to change out the ac unit. I want to make for an easy change out when the outdoor unit is eventually changed out. Take the r22 txv off the coil and replace it with a 410a thanks to all

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,519
    Options
    @zepfan

What your looking for is a Chatleff connector that's what those threaded connections are called. Sporlan, Parker, Danfoss all make them.

If you can't find a R-22 valve with chatleff connections. buy a sweat R-22 valve and put a chatleff connector on it. The connectors are made sweat x chatleff
    ChrisJ
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Our local Allied Air distributor stocks it. H2TXV01 for 1.5 to 2.5 ton and H2TXV02 for 3 - 5 ton. Supplyhouse.com has them listed.
    zepfan
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Does anyone have any reservations about using a previous R-22 evap coil with 410A?
    Any concerns about residual oil mixing with new?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    Oil isn't much of a concern, but IDK if an old 22 coil can take the pressures 410 works at. If it's not too old, it might have a dual rating.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,519
    Options
    R-22 coils used on 410A I am sure your not supposed to but I also know it's done all the time.

there are some old Sanyo ductless splits at the time share I go to on Cape Cod that are 35 years old (that's when I bought the time share) believe it or not. The line sets are buried in the walls.

I noticed about 5 years ago that they had replaced some condensing units with new 410A condensing units and used the old line sets and indoor units.

They do work, probably not right
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    Oil is not an Issue. R-22 Coils have NOT been pressure tested for R-410A standing pressures so you accept all liability if something goes wrong!
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies.
    I think another issue is the physical size is smaller for the same tonnage. Would it be a good guess to drop size by 1/2 or 1 ton with the proper TXV? Trying to get closer to the 410A AC SEER ?