Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please confirm proper aiming of my modeine hydronic heater

clydesdale
clydesdale Member Posts: 46
I have the heater mounted to a rotating Quick Sling. My understanding is that you are supposed to aim it into a corner so that the air then moves around the room. However, in this case, there is a pocket and an accessory door in that corner. Should I just aim it at the wall right before it blows out into that pocket? Please see the picture. I am worried that if I shoot it at the corner, heat could get trapped there. Thanks.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    Good heavens. Don't overthink it. Turn the thing on and shift it around until you like the way it heats the place!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    ZmanSTEVEusaPACanucker
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Heat moves to cold.
    Radiant would've been nice, right?
    steve
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,843

Heat moves to cold.
    Radiant would've been nice, right?

In Floor!
  • clydesdale
    clydesdale Member Posts: 46
    I don't think you can shift it around once the thing is plumbed in. But, maybe you can. We'll see.
    As far as radiant, that might be the next step. But, I can't tell you how many people think radiant will be a bad idea for the room above the garage. There is a 12 foot ceiling in the room above. Boiler guy is coming tomorrow to pipe attach the pex to the boiler and heater.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,945
    Can't tell the best aiming angle from the picture. The thing many folks do is install the heater in one corner and aim it at the opposite corner.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    actually radiant will be better with 12 foot ceilings (heat the floor not 5ft above you.. as far as being above a garage, insulate it properly and you should never have an issue.. as to the heater.. angle it a bit, wont hurt a thing...