Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell vision pro 6000

Options
I recently had my heat pump replaced and with it came Honeywell vision pro 6000. My question is why does it take so long for the t-stat to satisfy and shut down the HP after the t-stat has reached setpoint. It might run at setpoint for as long as 45 minutes when outdoor temps are in the 40's.

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Honeywells are bad for showing the temp they think they are holding, all the while cycling the system on & off per a 'cycles per hour' algorithm.

It sounds like you're using setbacks, they might not play well with a heat pump, esp. deep (more than 2 degrees). Try running it without a setback for a few days and see how it performs.

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,322
    Options
    Really, the only reliable way to see what temperature an electronic thermostat is "seeing" is to have a nice analogue thermometer right next to it. Odds are good that the thermostat hasn't actually reached its setpoint, even though the display, which is rounded off to the nearest degree, says otherwise (that is, if you are raising the temperature to 68, for instance, as soon as the actual temperature reaches 67.5 the display will read 68 -- but the thermostat will keep calling until the temperature really is 68).

Where's my T87 when I want it?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    If it says 70 it could actually be between 69.5 and 70.4f. Since it uses cycles per hour, it will use rate of change to determine how much to overshoot tonhit the CPH target while holding temp as tight as possible.

Also keep in mind that under 40f depending on humidity level outdoors, the system can go into defrost which reduces output.

Setbacks need to be used smartly with heat pumps if at all.