Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thank you!

hydro_newbie
hydro_newbie Member Posts: 37
I found this site a little over a year ago, having discovered that our boiler would need more than just a repair. After a lot of reading and a few posts, we had our boiler replaced over the summer. I started to get cold feet about the sizing just before we pulled the trigger on the install, but stuck to my calculations after getting some reassurance on this board. :smile:

We’ve just had several nights and days that were below design-day temps (I’m near Boston), and I’m happy to say that the boiler has managed to keep up, although it has been going almost non-stop sometimes.

Thanks to the Holohans for starting and keeping this site going, and to all of the pros and homeowners who make this such a great community and an outstanding resource.

I wish you all the best in the New Year!
DZoroGordyHVACNUTadasilvarick in AlaskaBoonIronman

Comments

• Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 221
    This is the best forum, full of knowledgable, kind people.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Thanks for coming back to report your success. To many times we never know what happens.
    newagedawn
  • adasilva
    adasilva Member Posts: 144
    I have to agree with @hydro_newbie! This site is a tremendous wealth of knowledge and information!
    Ironman
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    Gordy said:

Thanks for coming back to report your success. To many times we never know what happens.

Yes, thanks for the follow-up!

And, if your cycling at below design temperatures, you could have gone smaller yet! ;)

DZoroGordy
  • hydro_newbie
    hydro_newbie Member Posts: 37
    Haha, thanks @ratio . The next size smaller would've dropped the input from 90k to 60k...I think my 'customer' would've been pretty unhappy the past week or so in that case. I could have ended up sleeping in the car! :wink:

At some point I'm going to set up some logging to get a better understanding.

The process has definitely made me appreciate all the more you folks who do this for a living and have confidence on the sizing.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    thanks for you thoughtfulness
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
    Ironman