Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating appliances and LP

Sol Hydronics
Sol Hydronics Member Posts: 41
edited August 2017 in Radiant Heating
Living here in California i have been using lots of HTP products over the years. Old style heat exchangers on the munchkins have been failing like crazy and now they are not even being used any more and everything is going to fire tube. So i have had good luck with Versa Hydro systems except for every now and then i am getting a leaking tank , bummer. I'm always amazed at the workmanship put into these appliances ,not.
One person i know has gone through a munchkin, fail exchanger, 8 year oldish,replaced with an elite,3 year oldish , fail heat exchanger, and now wants to know what i would put in? I mentioned the versa hydro to him as an option but went to a job today getting ready for final inspection and the new tank was leaking. Whose product would you use in a small house with small heat load, but also makes hot water with an indirect? Thanks in advance, mike

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    I wonder about your water quality. How is the PH, TDS, chlorides?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    kcopp
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,171
    Sounds to me much more like a local water quality problem than an equipment problem. Do yourself -- and your customers -- a favour. Test the water going into these things, and then install a treatment system to get the water to the point where it doesn't eat them up.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Water treatment now days is almost a must every where.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Something is going on with your water and o flow rate to fail that many. here is a water quality primer.

https://www.caleffi.com/sites/default/files/coll_attach_file/idronics_18_na.pdf

It's pretty easy to test and "fix' water for boiler systems.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream