Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gov't intervention in boiler selection

13»

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Based on how much they can stuff in their pockets. Same as it always has been. Ever wonder, who decides where to stop when there is a corruption investigation?
  • GreenGene
    GreenGene Member Posts: 290

Politicians will decide.

The decide nothing, they are told what to do by the corporations and banks that own them, they have floors of accountants and lawyers that write the 2-10,000 page bills that get passed as laws.

Generally they get paid off through Insider Trading, Congress is exempt, well they exempted themselves, there's a law they did write, maybe, after the corporations said "hey, we figured out a way to pay you off and make it legal" ..... so maybe they didn't write that one either.
    Robert O'Brien
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162

Politicians will decide.

I used to tell my students, when I taught civil engineering, that it was necessary to let the politicians decide what they wanted. Once that happened you could go ahead and do the engineering. There was no point to doing any beforehand!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Waitaminute. You found a politician that decided on something? I call shenanigans.

SWEI
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    That must have been the time they voted themselves a raise

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021

Politicians will decide.

or lobbyists paid by ?? will tell the politicians how to vote and make the decision that they in turn "sell" to the voters.

Those clever, comforting "Clean Energy Voter" ads on every evening. Sponsored by who, again?

How about the pharmaceutical ads these days telling us to take their drugs in anticipation of a symptom or imagined ailment.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    The way I see it, someone has to decide on what system of equipment they will use. We can let the....cough... politicians decide or we can let the professional sell a system. I do know how hard it can be going against other bids on cheap and inefficient equipment.

In the real world of government regulations against poor equipment, there are always ways around it and manufacturers still find a loophole in the bottom line.

@GreenGene smoke dragon non-gassification OWB have given wood heating in general a bad name. It is not just a matter of efficiency as we are discussing earlier, but a matter of gross pollution of irritating smoke. There is a better way.

I just don't think regulation should be the way we approach the future of efficient building envelopes and efficient mechanical systems. Education is, that is our job. Also teaching some in the building trades how to actually build something that will pass a blower door test....

SFM
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!