Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low water cutoff and water feed Suggestions

Options
drew1942
drew1942 Member Posts: 3
I have an old Weil McClain steam boiler Mode E3 ( Model EG currently is similar).
The water feed and the low water cutoff combo stopped working years ago due to leaks, so I started to fill the water manually with no problem. However I plan to leave in the winter coming up for an extended period and I want to add the cutoff and the water feed back.

I just bought the Model 67 Mcdonnell Miller LWCO as I got a good deal on it and now I am looking for a compatible water feed unit to work with it. I have seen several advertised
WFE24 Unimatch
WFE 120 Unimatch
101A-120
101A-24

I believe I need the 24 volt versions in each case. I am leaning towards the WFE24 Unimatch unless someone knows of a better part to use. The others are more expensive. I have heard the 101 A-24 gasket leaks
Any ideas?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    We use the Hydrolevel VXT models. Big benefit is that they have a built in water usage meter.
    KC_Jones
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    I'd prefer the Hydrolevel -- I have one, and the built in water meter is very handy indeed.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England