Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Superheat

Options
Service experts.
If you increase superheat(temperature ) in the refrigeration cycle will the (superheat)pressure increase, too?

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
    Options
    Service experts.
    If you increase superheat(temperature ) in the refrigeration cycle will the (superheat)pressure increase, too?
    No?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • jumper
    jumper Member Posts: 2,262
    Options
    Don't think so. If evaporator ices up will superheat increase?
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    Options

Service experts.

are you increasing the suction line temp or the suction saturation temp? stop thinking in terms of pressure
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    My Old Guy told me to think about everything in terms of temperature & not pressure. Doing it that way you'll be able to work on any refrigerant, because the evaporator & condenser temperatures aren't going to change much for air conditioning.
    SuperTech
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
    Options
    ratio said:

My Old Guy told me to think about everything in terms of temperature & not pressure. Doing it that way you'll be able to work on any refrigerant, because the evaporator & condenser temperatures aren't going to change much for air conditioning.

But superheat is literally a function of temperature and pressure?
    I'm not understanding how someone can think of everything by temperature and ignore pressure in refrigeration?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options

Service experts.

Superheat is the measurement of the Vapor above its Saturated temperature.

So, NO you won't raise the pressure. If the pressure changes the temperature would change
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    ChrisJ said:

ratio said:

But superheat is literally a function of temperature and pressure?
    I'm not understanding how someone can think of everything by temperature and ignore pressure in refrigeration?
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. Temperature & saturated temperature might be clearer. No matter what refrigerant we're using, a saturated condensing temperature of 25° is a problem, whether it's 87 PSIG (410A) or 48 PSIG (22) or however many thousands CO₂ will be.
    ch4man