Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

They asked to take a look, so I did.

Options
Double D
Double D Member Posts: 442
Now I want to forget I was there. They said the boiler is only a year old. Ouch!!

Comments

• Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,210
    Options
    That's some workmanship there!
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,672
    Options
    what planet's year?
    JUGHNEDouble D
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 907
    Options
    WOW!! Are you sure that this is for real and not just a nightmare. You might have luck on your side since steam boilers are usually only warranted for 1 year. If the customer has deep pockets you could have a crew there for a long time. This would be great if you need the work.
  • Double D
    Options
    I don't have the time to take it on but I did recommend a contractor who he can call. If I were to take it on, he would need to address the leaks in the system or I wouldn't touch it. He didn't want to hear anything about the leaks, he just wanted to fix what was stopping it from heating.There isn't a lot of steam knowledge in my area. He may be able to get someone to replace the 3 affected sections and burners. I sure hope he has the deep pockets you mention. He wanted me to put sealer in and start it up. I told him he can put sealer in, I'm not a fan of it. 
  • AdmiralYoda
    AdmiralYoda Member Posts: 630
    Options
    One year on Saturn takes 29.5 Earth years. Maybe that's what he meant?
    Double Dmattmia2
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    What is this?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Double D
    Options
    You mean the fitting or the piping configuration?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,672
    Options
    Looks like a dresser coupling. Also looks like time to avoid this job unless they want to spend the money to fix the numerous issues.
    IronmanSuperTechDouble D
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    Dodged a bullet, you did.

Although, last year I replaced four leaking sections of a 211A, & it held fine afterwards. I'm kinda pleased with it now, but I sure wasn't happy at the time.

Double D