Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

radiator bushings

Ive got a couple steam radiators that I want to convert to hot water for a customer. After cutting out the plugs on one side I found they have left hand thread. Does anyone have a source for L-R bushings so I can use these?.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 13,894
    Pressure test them before you do any further work on them to make sure they are usable.
    Br. Jamie, osb

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • JohnNYJohnNY Member Posts: 2,549

Pressure test them before you do any further work on them to make sure they are usable.

He can't do that until he finds a fitting for the left hand thread.

For troubleshooting and private consulting services, find John "JohnNY" Cataneo here at :
    "72°F Mechanical, LLC"
    Or email John at [email protected]
    John is the Boilers and Hydronic Heating Systems Course Instructor at NYC's Mechanics Institute, a professional Master Plumber, licensed by The Department of Buildings of The City of New York, and works extensively in NYC while consulting for clients in and out of state.
    For residential service and installations in New Jersey, please see Toro Plumbing & Mechanical and fill out our contacts page, upload pics, and submit, or call (973-672-1000).
    ethicalpaul
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Member Posts: 2,077
    I instantly thought of that "There's a hole in the bucket" song :(
    1 pipe Peerless 63-03L in Cedar Grove, NJ, coal > oil > NG
  • EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 7,571
    Don't know about bushings but McMaster Carr has left hand right hand threaded nipples. You could put a nipple in the radiator then a reducing coupling concentric or ecentric as needed
    JohnNY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!