Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gate Valve for Small Recessed Radiator?

We are redoing a very, small powder room, and we planned on recessing this four-section radiator into the wall. The valve fitting is 1.25”, and there is only 5” on the inside of the radiator for the valve to fit into the bottom tapping. But, it seems that all the valves we find for 1.25” are either too tall and won’t fit cause it will hit the top of the radiator, or if we spin it, the valve will stick out, and that’s if we can even find a valve that will fit within the 5” clearance (plus we still have to put a plug on the other side, I think). Is there a different kind of valve that’s supposed to be used with these?