Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Triangle Tube Reviews

MPanutichMPanutich Member Posts: 2
I am considering replacing my 22 year old boiler. My local contractor has recommended a Triangle Tube high efficiency natural gas boiler. But the online review are primarily negative. Does Triangle Tube make a good product? Is it better than Bosch or Lennox?

Comments

• Robert O'BrienRobert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,212
    Almost every boiler review is negative, only the unhappy ones write reviews about their boiler.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    kcoppunclejohn
  • ZmanZman Member Posts: 5,872
    Most homeowner reviews that I have read are owners who are blaming the manufactures for the work of the incompetent contractor they hired. Most of the review websites are sponsored by the manufactures they are reviewing.

I generally like the Triangle Tube products. They have fallen behind a bit lately on some the advancements in turndown ratios. Many manufactures are offering 10-1 turndown where Triangle Tube has been stuck at 5.5-1 for quite a while. This may be important to you if you have many small zones. I my area (Central Rockies) they have cut way back on training for contractors. They have lost market share as a result.

It is all about hiring the right contractor. Pay attention to what size boiler they are recommending and why. It should be based on the heat loss of the building, not what is presently installed. Be sure they pipe it per the installation manual. I would seriously recommend taking pictures of the contractors work on a recent job and posting it here for an opinion.

If I had to chose between a free Bosch boiler or a Triangle tube boiler at full price, I would pick the Triangle Tube every time. The same would be true of an inexperience or incompetent contractor. Do your homework, hire a great contractor, pay a fair price and all will be good.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbeskcoppunclejohnBillyO
  • unclejohnunclejohn Member Posts: 1,572
    edited July 19
    The new instinct from TT has a 8-1 turn down.

https://www.triangletube.com/products/residential-products/condensing-solo-boilers

I have not installed the new product but I have had no problems with the older lines.
    Zman
  • MPanutichMPanutich Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Very helpful.