Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My soul hurts.

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
To all of you in New York and New Jersey, I feel for your drastic pain and loss that you are incurring. I am in Seattle which is where the first of the outbreaks showed up and we know the feeling. I was watching the news last night and saw the refrigerated truck outside Lenox hill hospital, it made me remember the wonderful times we had at my mother in laws right across the street on East 79th and just the sadness it now brings. I hope for the best for all of you and for all of us. Stay well friends.
Peace & love
Tim
vaporvacErin Holohan HaskellZmankcoppBillyO

Comments

• mel57
    mel57 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you, Tim and Jamie. I'm in Jersey, not far from NYC. On a main road, it's erry. No traffic. Only a few dog walkers, like me. Ambulance units are shutting down, can't man them. But the people I do see are in good spirit. My neighbors, we're looking out for one another. Some left a bag of rolls at my door this morning, I think I know who. We know we're in a fight, and we won't give up. Do what we can for one another. Help one another. My sons went to a Benedictine school, and they, I, learned the meaning " What ever hurts my brother, hurts me ". Thank you and everyone on here. We must care for all
  • PerryHolzman
    PerryHolzman Member Posts: 234
    I agree and understand your feelings...

One thing though... that refrigerated truck may now need to be there because some hospitals have eliminated their morgues in the last decade and converted the space to other uses. Generally, they feel that under normal circumstances that the funeral homes pick up people fast enough.

I learned this with my mother as she had pre-arranged that her body would go to the medical school for education and research; and I had to per-arrange and pay for a funeral home to pick my mom's remains up and store them for about a half a day until the medical school could pick her up from them. If the hospital had a morgue I would not have had to pay for that.

Given the expected shortage of critical care beds... I can see these hospitals using trucks as temporary morgues to quickly fee up bed space as fast as possible.

Perry
    Intplm.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    I'm with @Jamie Hall
    Retired and loving it.
    tim smith
  • BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    we will overcome this and be back to somewhat normal. God bless
    JohnNY