Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Long Over Due

Options
2»

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,974
    Options
    This item I just found at the Home Depot. Since my first post on this subject last March, when covid was raging ( and starting to again in many parts of the country ) I have seen two of these installed.

Maybe this is catching on. It is my hope that this and other ideas will be implemented soon.

What are your thoughts ??

It seems this idea and many others are "long overdue".

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,713
    Options
    Not sure why it's so difficult to put in automated bathroom doors. The cost isn't much and now they're easier for people with accessibility issues.

You don't have to kick them, or even touch them to pull them open or closed.

Touchless faucets seem to suck simply because of their design. A touchless 2.0 GPM would be a good start and I don't see why it needs to have any crevices non-touchless ones don't?

IMO papertowels are a must. Even if you put filters on the air dryers, they are still blowing a cloud of yum around the whole bathroom.

1: Automated doors like a supermarket
    2: decent 2.0 GPM touchless faucets
    3: touchless soap dispensers
    4: Simple paper towels which get recycled.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Intplm.Canucker
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,868
    Options
    I think the Japanese have already got it handled, I believe this post from the internet. The Internet never lies... Right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QipvEgn1kX8

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

Intplm.Solid_Fuel_Man
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,631
    Options
    I love the airblades, the ones where you stick your hands down in & pull 'em back out. The though of using one generally has me shaking so bad that all the water goes flying off & I don't need to use it.
    CLamb
  • Intplm.
    Options
    All air dryers are germ throwers for sure.

Wipe hands on pants?
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,704
    Options
    The germs are going to circulate regardless. Do you prefer a solid cloud of them in relatively still air next to the exit, or having them dispersed by being blown around. I'm not sure.
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • Intplm.
    Options
    I would prefer a better design criteria throughout our industry.

Seems decades ago when me and all of my friends were kids, we were made of dirt. Simply by playing in and around it.

What happened that we must be so germ conscience.
  • ChrisJ
    Options

The germs are going to circulate regardless. Do you prefer a solid cloud of them in relatively still air next to the exit, or having them dispersed by being blown around. I'm not sure.

The reason you see thick layers of dust in areas is because it doesn't circulate. That's sort of the entire point.

If it circulated every time you opened a door there wouldn't be layers.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Intplm. said:

I would prefer a better design criteria throughout our industry.

Seems decades ago when me and all of my friends were kids, we were made of dirt. Simply by playing in and around it.

What happened that we must be so germ conscience.

It's true, but at least in my case I played in dirt outside, in the yard, playground etc. Not public bathrooms, sewers or septic tanks. I wasn't playing in human waste. And it doesn't matter how you grew up, ingesting and breathing such things will make you ill.
    Intplm.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,631
    Options
    I think the point @Intplm. was trying to make is that this "OMG GERMS!!!1!" attitude is actually making things worse. Without the inoculations received from playing in dirt, literally, our immune systems are less capable. Not to imply that I think everyone should their kids play in poop, but they should be outside. In the dirt.
    Intplm.
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    ratio said:

I think the point @Intplm. was trying to make is that this "OMG GERMS!!!1!" attitude is actually making things worse. Without the inoculations received from playing in dirt, literally, our immune systems are less capable. Not to imply that I think everyone should their kids play in poop, but they should be outside. In the dirt.

Can't help you there.
    My kids play outside all of the time.

Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Options
    I'm wondering what it might take to get the codes changed in designing public restrooms with better non-touch points.And, larger facilities for women? Is it doable?
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Intplm. said:
    I'm wondering what it might take to get the codes changed in designing public restrooms with better non-touch points.And, larger facilities for women? Is it doable?
    I've heard the public restrooms in America are barbaric compared to those in Europe and Asia.   Not sure what's true and what's not?
  • Intplm.
    Options
    @ChrisJ Ive been to europe a few times. France/Paris not too to bad. England ok in some places. Croatia was a pleasant surprise. Italy was terrible. Ridiculously filthy at every single public restroom I went to. At times I wanted to find a nice quiet tree to use.
    ChrisJ