Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Calling Jamie Hall

Options
Fred
Fred Member Posts: 8,542
edited March 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
We haven't heard from @Jamie Hall all week! Jamie, where are you? Hope all is well.

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    Jamie is fine.
    You feeling ok Fred?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Fred
    Options
    ChrisJ said:

Jamie is fine.
    You feeling ok Fred?

I'm good, Chris. How are you?
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    He was on at 8:27 CST........thermostat question below.
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,704
    Options
    I'm feeling fine too!
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • Fred
    Options

I'm feeling fine too!

Good on you, @ethicalpaul !
    ethicalpaul
  • Fred
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

He was on at 8:27 CST........thermostat question below.

I missed that one. All is well with the world.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,704
    Options
    Thanks @Fred , you are a good person
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    I'm here. I'm trying very hard to make sure that my comments are really relevant to the question at hand, and add positively to the discussion... which I haven't been all that good at. Something about Lent...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Jamie, if you were to give up the Wall for lent that would be penance for all of us.
    Maybe just on Fridays might be tolerable for us. ;)
    ratio
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    > @Jamie Hall said:
    > I'm here. I'm trying very hard to make sure that my comments are really relevant to the question at hand, and add positively to the discussion... which I haven't been all that good at.

I need practice. I'm working on it.

You however my friend, are the Cat's Meow. The Bee's Knee's if I may be so bold. Out of anyone I can think of on this forum, (save Erin and Dan. They have to be nice except when they scold us.) I don't think I've even seen you write a disparaging comment. I admit I glaze over some posts, but I always read you. One, because you communicate like a gentleman. Two, for those who don't comprehend much, you always have a way of explaining things so the OP, myself and others too I'm sure, understands. And Three. You know more than just "this stuff". When the subject moves to the building envelope, specialty woodworking, plaster, windows, moldings, historic stuff, etc. I've picked up some invaluable info.

So go ahead. Have a burger. I don't think the Big Guy would mind one bit.
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesGrallertrick in Alaska
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    Thank you! The Big Guy is a hard taskmaster -- but He's not that bad really... I'll keep trying.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    Lent isnt avoit The Big Guy, it's about us, and getting our hearts focused on what He did on our behalf. 😀
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Jamie Hall
    edited March 2020
    Options

Lent isnt avoit The Big Guy, it's about us, and getting our hearts focused on what He did on our behalf. 😀

and helping us to examine what we are doing and, perhaps more important, why... and trying to improve.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Jamie Hall I am not a religious man but have carried on a theme that my grandfather, who died before I was born but knew from his patients, who took care of my grandmother until either they or she passed. Take care of those in need. It is a theme that has repaid itself over and over again through my life. I recently had a customer who didn't have the money to buy his wife flowers for valentines day, he was $1.50 short. I paid the difference never expecting to see him again, he came in a week later with his wife and kids, not only to pay me back but to show them what humanity is about. They were a family that recently immigrated from India and were trying to assimilate into American culture, Valentines Day was new to them.

Jamie, the advice and knowledge that you share on this forum are priceless and greatly appreciated. You remind me of my grandfather.