Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Lochinvar boiler pump

ultraultra Posts: 3Member
I have an older lochinvar boiler and it works great but the pump runs continuous. I have wiring But it does not show a timer or a delay. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket one I could install so that the pump would shut off after so many minutes once the water has reached temperature

Comments

• IronmanIronman Posts: 5,451Member
    What model do you have? Can you post some pics including the controls?
    Bob Boan

You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • delta Tdelta T Posts: 801Member
    Is this the variable speed pump that ships with the boiler? Need some more info, likely either connected incorrectly or there are control settings that need changing....
  • ZmanZman Posts: 5,518Member
    @ultra
    Lochinvar makes a lot of boilers with even more ways to control a pump.
    Can you post a picture of the boiler including the terminals that the pump in question is tied to?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • ultraultra Posts: 3Member
    Rbn 500.
    There is nothing in control panel.
    Flow switch, high limit, operating limit, transformer, I just put a pump relay in and the ignition module
  • delta Tdelta T Posts: 801Member
    edited 3:02AM
    ultra said:

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket one I could install so that the pump would shut off after so many minutes once the water has reached temperature

I'm curious why you want to do this? Are you trying to turn the pump off mid cycle once the water temp is reached (but during a call for heat), or does the pump run all the time, and you want to shut it off between calls for heat?
  • ultraultra Posts: 3Member
    The pump is running 24 /7 when I have power to the unit. What I want to accomplish is after the heat cycle is completed I would like the pump to turn off 3 to 4 minutes after. And then when the temperature decreases and it’s called for heat it will turn back on
  • hot_rodhot_rod Posts: 12,537Member
    The pump should run after the burner is off to purge that heat and prevent running to high limit

Shop for a time delay relay, delay on off cycle

Looks like a relay inside us disconnected? What does the boiler wiring diagram show?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me