Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus gb142 repair or replace

Options
it1991
it1991 Member Posts: 7
Hi,
My boiler started leaking today (from the pipe marked with a red arrow in the picture) I had a tech come out and he recommended replacing the boiler, instead of replacing the pipe.
I just wanted to see what the professionals on here think.
And if I will be replacing, any idea of what the cost may look like? I imagine it isn’t too difficult since I have all the necessary pipes and plumbing in place.
Thank you!

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    For starters we dont talk pricing here...too many variables for area to area...
    Overall that boiler looks in good shape
    That part should be replaceable.
    STEVEusaPAIronman
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I need to start this post with: I dont like the boiler you currently own due to lots of reasons, but mostly because everything on it is pricey to fix.

I would say if the boiler is older than 10 years I would swap it, but there are more variables than that. But if you can afford it, do the research and get yourself a good boiler.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'll take a guess based on my recent experience (tough to see what's going on in your pic).

I had a condensate plate gasket leaking onto that pipe.

See more details here ...

https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/170834/buderus-gb142-multiple-corrosion-issues
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    How old is the boiler? How well has it been maintained?

As mentioned, there's probably a leak from the collector gasket dripping on it. That would be indicative of improper maintenance since that should be removed and cleaned yearly.

That's a very easy boiler to work on and maintain. Replace the part unless something else major is wrong.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    HVACNUTZmanRich_49