Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Have you ever come across scarce phenomenon of the wild while you are doing heating services ?

Roohollah
Roohollah Member Posts: 135
Dear Friends,

Hope that you all are doing well and fine , as always . Indeed, heating season commences and most related businesses are getting busy . May during such season you come across something which hardly ever happened or you have witnessed.

A couple of days ago , I was told for running heating system of an office which located Tehran suburb . We were dismantling floor standing fan coils
for their yearly services that I suddenly hunted one of scarce wild phenomenons . Under the supply and return valves of a fancoil a lizard was being hunted by a spider , and both were dead . I took couple of photos of them for sharing .

I would like to know whether you capture or run into such Wild phenomenons during your work ?

I look forward to hear ,

Sincerely,

Roohollah

ZmanSolid_Fuel_Man

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,090
    Well... would the milk snake slithering along the top of a boiler qualify? Nice and warm... about 5 feet long...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Roohollah
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Either one of those scenarios and when I got home there would be a 'For Sale' sign on my home and my wife would be staying with her sister.

Usually it's bees, or cooked birds/squirrels in the flue pipe.
    One customer called me an told me he seen a squirrel trying to get thru the baro damper. "What should I do?" he asked. I said "Hold the damper closed with a broomstick and turn on the furnace, or hold the damper closed with a broomstick and call animal control. It depends on how you like your squirrel. And let's get a chimney cap".
    steve
    Solid_Fuel_ManRoohollah
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Mice are an almost weekly occurrence. Usually electrocuted.
    Roohollah