Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Have you ever come across scarce phenomenon of the wild while you are doing heating services ?

RoohollahRoohollah Member Posts: 105
Dear Friends,

Hope that you all are doing well and fine , as always . Indeed, heating season commences and most related businesses are getting busy . May during such season you come across something which hardly ever happened or you have witnessed.

A couple of days ago , I was told for running heating system of an office which located Tehran suburb . We were dismantling floor standing fan coils
for their yearly services that I suddenly hunted one of scarce wild phenomenons . Under the supply and return valves of a fancoil a lizard was being hunted by a spider , and both were dead . I took couple of photos of them for sharing .

I would like to know whether you capture or run into such Wild phenomenons during your work ?

I look forward to hear ,

Sincerely,

Roohollah

Comments

• Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 11,227
    Well... would the milk snake slithering along the top of a boiler qualify? Nice and warm... about 5 feet long...
    Jamie

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • STEVEusaPASTEVEusaPA Member Posts: 3,364
    Either one of those scenarios and when I got home there would be a 'For Sale' sign on my home and my wife would be staying with her sister.

Usually it's bees, or cooked birds/squirrels in the flue pipe.
    One customer called me an told me he seen a squirrel trying to get thru the baro damper. "What should I do?" he asked. I said "Hold the damper closed with a broomstick and turn on the furnace, or hold the damper closed with a broomstick and call animal control. It depends on how you like your squirrel. And let's get a chimney cap".
    steve
  • mikeg2015mikeg2015 Member Posts: 990
    Mice are an almost weekly occurrence. Usually electrocuted.