Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
No heat for two weeks after a "tune up"
I just got back from an emergency service call for a new customer without heat. I found out that they have been without a working furnace since 12/10, when a local plumbing company did a tune up.
I arrived to find an 11 year old Lennox furnace with a Beckett AFII with a new primary control and electronic igniter on it. The primary was hanging off the burner by the wires, the cover for the circuit board was off the furnace and all of the low voltage wires disconnected. The Tjerlund power vent was open with wires hanging from it, the furnace also had a Honeywell zone control panel with yes, several wires disconnected from it.
Now I wanted to run away, far and fast. After closer inspection I saw an obvious problem. The primary control was a R72484U and nothing was connected to the limit terminal. After wiring that and everything else back up the unit fired right up! The plumbers, three different ones had been there, they replaced the primary, igniter and two circuit boards as well as a limit switch in an attempt to get the furnace to work, then proceeded to tell the owners they need to replace the furnace! I can't believe this went on for two weeks and several ordered parts. They said they never saw them use an electric meter, and this company has been around forever too. I'm surprised in the day of the internet that people like this stay in business.