Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Latest round of air vent testing- thank you Barnes & Jones!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    Options
    Thanks Gents. I didn't mean to hijack this thread so maybe we should keep it clear going forward.

As a wrap I spent the better part of 2 days gutting the flooring and getting to a point where I can start laying in joists that are 100% level and flat. To do that means I needed to move plumbing. I'm OK at sweating pipe, but my OBP goes down dramatically when a) pipes are wet b) people are coming over in 1 hour to watch the game.

I thought I had done a good job with the white bread in the pipe etc but a tiny pinhole in the coupling said otherwise. I said a few things myself lol. With guests due to arrive in 30 minutes and soaking covered in water I said screw it and ran to HD to buy 2 sharkbites. Problem solved lol

My neighbor is a retired carpenter and he talked my out of demoing the shower for the moment. I'm going to sub out the tile work and his point was might as well let the tile guy make the call. It can always come out but would be a massive time saver not to mention the mess if it can be reused. Is in pretty good shape.
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
    MilanD