Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Do you want to see ugly?

RobG
RobG Member Posts: 1,850
edited October 2015 in THE MAIN WALL
I just happened across this on YouTube. Brace yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YP46vE_BsI

He saw a video on YouTube on how to service it! It's that easy! That boiler would be lucky if the guy even has a slack tube manometer and a wet kit.

I was posting as I watched the video. I hope that guy lives alone so that he alone will be the one who dies!

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,199
    He said he is a dentist, a 1/2 hour with his chair would garnish enough income for a real boiler tune up...easy.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,122
    I know a DIYer that has a slacktube. :D
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    he is making it up as he goes....
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    I used to watch the show the operation...I wouldn't go perform surgery after watching it though.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    ChrisJ
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    edited October 2015
    Ya can't fix stupid...."controlled explosion in your basement" wonder if that's a premonition...
  • ChrisJ
    I watched a youtube video on doing root canals.... feeling pretty confident.

Who's up for being the patient?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    KC_JonesSWEIIronman
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    That boiler uses a hot surface igniter I bet it didn't make it a week after he knocked that debris off the burner.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Quercus
    Quercus Member Posts: 61
    ChrisJ said:

Youtube is so you can do a DIY root canal and save the $$$. You just need a mirror and a bottle of scotch.
  • KC_Jones
    When my grandfather was on a liberty ship during WWII one of the captains did just that when he needed a tooth pulled. Scotch, a mirror and a pair of pliers my grandfather brought him from the engine room and he didn't even watch it on YouTube. Lol
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • ChrisJ
    KC_Jones said:

When my grandfather was on a liberty ship during WWII one of the captains did just that when he needed a tooth pulled. Scotch, a mirror and a pair of pliers my grandfather brought him from the engine room and he didn't even watch it on YouTube. Lol

I think I can fit you in around 2PM tomorrow.
    HatterasguySWEI
  • KC_Jones
    Can't tomorrow, I will be on a ladder with a paint brush in my hand. ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Quercus said:

ChrisJ said:

Youtube is so you can do a DIY root canal and save the $$$. You just need a mirror and a bottle of scotch.

Skip the root canal get two bottles of scotch, and a pair of pliers.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    That boiler room makes you want to grab a machete....
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    GordyRobG
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Zman said:

That boiler room makes you want to grab a machete....

At least he is observant enough to admit "it looks like kaos ".
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Very ugly. Poor design and poor execution.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,459
    He did give a disclaimer saying it was for entertainment value! I thought it was entertaining. I laughed when he said he could have it done by a professional for god knows how much. Dentist: hah! Bondo my two cracked teeth for $834 for about an hour. I would trade hour for hour.
    Rick
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,632
    I had a tech recently inquire about my classes. He had been told that he did not need to pay for my training because he could get everything I teach on you tube for free. I am not on you tube by the way. Of course anything on the internet is true.