Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Al Letellier

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
I just saw this post on OilTechTalk, posted by Maine Ken:

<span>

<span>

<strong>I have very sad news to report. Al Letellier passed away

today. His passing was very sudden. Al had been a long time champion for

our organization and our industry. His large stature and large opinions

made him hard to miss in any group and I think I speak for many when I

say he will be deeply missed. Details on the funeral will be made

available as soon as possible. Thank you Al for everything and Gods

speed.

</strong></span>

</span>

Al posted here a lot and he was a good friend. I will miss him terribly.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Horrible news!

Met him at a NAOHSM show a couple years ago,a great guy!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    I am shocked

I was just talking with him last week sometime. He will be greatly missed. My prayers and condolences to his family.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,126
    Dismayed

I never met Al.  However, if I saw his name on a thread I always read it, because I always learned something.  He must have been a great guy, and I will miss his comments and thoughts.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Sad news

My condolences to his family. It is truly a loss for the industry. He was a wealth of knowledge..
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Oh my...

Life is so fleeting.

I really liked Al's common sense replies and approach. Please give my condolences to his family.

He will be truly missed.

Thanks for all your input Al...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    edited October 2011
    RE:Al Letellier

I'm beside myself reading this, Al looked to be in good health he had been loosing weight and taking great care of himself.

The last time I saw him was at the convention Al has been a part of a prayer group that we meet with each year during the convention. 

My prayers go out to Noni and his family.

RIP Al, I'll miss ya my friend.

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    What a great loss!

Here is a quote from him which exemplifies his desire to educate others in the trade, and the general public.

Al Letellier

August 22, 2011

@ 9:26 PM

Contact this user

after the dead man

I can't agree with you more, J A. I truly love steam work and even though I've put the tools away, I still get to see a lot of stuff and am mentoring a younger wet head to the wonders of steam heat. He is replacing a boiler in the next week that I came across with a lot of issues........cross overs in the mains, returns joined above the water line, poor wiring, bad venting, and improperly pitched returns......a great way for him to see how not to do it. I don't think it was another generation that came along and did it wrong....its more like the steam knowledge skipped a generation and we raises a bunch of new installation mechanics. Now we have to pass along the wisdom and knowledge before we joing the ranks of the Dead Men.

Carry on and pass along the knwoledge.

ACL Consulting and Inspection Services

NBC
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Al Letteri

he will be very much missed the wall will not be the same without him RIP Al
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,814
    a sad time

he will be missed by all. Al was a longtime "wallie" and a straight-shooter.

RIP, Al

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Wow

I am floored. I met Al at a wholesaler's class up here several years ago. He was a mountain of a man in heart and stature, and the class of the trade. He was always available with an opinion when I needed one. I have been away attending a family funeral and actually had an email from him that I hadn't had a chance to return.

You just never know. As Dan says. Hug your kids and grandkids.
  • Athomco
    Athomco Member Posts: 5
    My Friend Al

I can't relay the sadness I feel with the loss of my friend Al. His friendship over the years and knowledge in the industry has helped so many of us in need of answers and direction in our daily encounters. I just recently went fishing with Al and never thought twice that maybe this would be the last time in our years of friendship that I would be able to share our conversations and get away from the daily grind of our lives and jobs to unwind. I will miss our conversations and joking around. When all was said and done we were always quick to realize how short life is and that family and friends are really the important factor in our lives. He was a man with many missions, many opinions. It was always tough to get a word in the conversation with his smiling attitude and deep laugh. He had huge heart and was always there for any cause that crossed his path.

I will miss you........My Friend Al.

Thom Cahoon
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Shocking News

I spoke with Al last week and he sounded great (as usual). He will definitely be missed. How truly wonderful life is.... It should never be take for granted.

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    Condolences

If you would like to send Al's widow, Nonie, a card of condolence, the address is: P.O. Box 2679, South Portland, ME  04116-2679.

Thank you.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Sad news

Al will be missed. Condolences the his family and friends.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,048
    Deeply saddened by this news

Over the last 25 yrs I would see Al in my travels thru Maine and at the shows. We did a lot of business together and always had great conversations. It was always a pleasant meeting. We had some great code conversations and he was a really good source of information and viewpoint for me in my time on the 31 committee. But, thru all this work we became friends. This is incredibly sad news. My condolences to the family
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    I am thunderstruck.....

Great guy. I gave his name out a few years back as a steam referral here in Dover, NH. He did a great job and I got to talk w/ him at the job and here on the wall... really good guy. He will be missed.
  • DanHolohan
    edited October 2011
    Details:

Wednesday Oct. 12, Calling Hours 5-8 PM at Hope Memorial Chapel, 480

Elm St. Biddeford, Maine 04005

Thursday  Oct, 13    Church Funeral service 11:00 AM at St. Joseph's

Church, 178  Elm St. Biddeford, Maine 04005.

Friday Oct, 14 Graveside 1:00 PM at St. Joseph's Cemetery, West Street Biddeford
    Retired and loving it.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    So very sorry,

Everytime i ran into AL, I was always glad i did! He was a good man and will be missed, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Thanks for all the help over the years Al !!!

David

aka DrPepper
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Sad to hear

I always enjoyed Al's posts here on the wall. We e-mailed back and forth a few times and I met Al at one of Dan's seminars somewhere. We talked about Maine and work and Al offered sympathy when I lost my tools and when my Dad passed away. I have met some of the smartest and nicest people here on the Wall and Al was one of the best. He was truly a hard working old school gentleman.

Bill Nye
  • DanHolohan
    Al's obituary

Here's a link to Al's obituary. You can express your sympathy to the family there if you wish. Thanks.

http://www.hopememorial.com/obituaries_details.php?person_id=354
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    At the wake

Long, long line, right out the door. Here's to our friend Al, and a life well lived. We are richer for having known him.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357
    Thank goodness too that all the wisdom Al shared is

still availible for people to share and utilize via forums like "The Wall". He is still an inspiration to us all even after his passing. The heating heaven will be working that much better in the days to come. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. AL does not need me praying for him now as he was such a good man we all know his deeds in life got him a golden ticket straight to the front of the line.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Saddened

I did not know Al personally, but it sure was a pleasure to read his posts here and glean from his wisdom. He will surely be missed but not forgotten.

Our prayers for his family.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Maine Vent
    Maine Vent Member Posts: 130
    He was going to be my new steam Pro

I met Al 3 years ago from Dan's web site. I am very saddened by his passing. Al and he wife just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on Oct. 9th. Al was a very kind and supportive business man and friend. Al gave me lots of advice on my old system, how to keep it running until I could afford a new one. I was going to have Al put in my new system this week or next.

I was looking forward to working with him on this job. May God open his Kingdom to this faithful servant and grant him everlasting peace. My sympathy to his wife and family.

Mark P. LeGassey

Brunswick, Maine
    Weil McLean SGO4, Riello Gas Burner
    404 sq ft EDR
    Old Burnham V8 Removal
This discussion has been closed.