Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

25 yr old Smith

Options
Davidho
Davidho Member Posts: 30
Just about made it through another season.  The boiler was installed in 1997. The house built in 1910.  I have no issues with boiler right now and open a few different valves once a month till the water turns clear.  I am curious on what type of life expectancy.  I replaced all my burners this season and I have also had a piece of white foam insulation fall down onto the burners.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    Get it thoroughly serviced by a qualified tech. -- including checking that firebox insulation which fell (it can be replaced). Otherwise, if it ain't broke...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    kcopp
  • jumper
    jumper Member Posts: 2,247
    Options
    AO or HB ?
  • Hot_water_fan
    Hot_water_fan Member Posts: 1,846
    Options
    If you don't have to add more water, don't. Adding water introduces oxygen, which leads to rust. Basically you want the water in the system to be old with less oxygen than tap. An air vent removes the tiny bubbles for you.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    jumper said:

AO or HB ?

Are we playing the alphabet game?

Miss Smith at 25 years old is in the prime of her life! Let her go out and live her life to the fullest!
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Davidho
    Options
    I got a photo looking up at the burn box.  It looks toast.  At this age worth fixing?
  • Davidho
    Options