Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LAARS Mascot Service in Seattle - ERROR

Sarah110WA
Sarah110WA Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi,
I have installed LARS Mascot FT boiler 2-3 years ago , it was working fine till 3 days ago when I started getting error code 10 - Combustion and ignition problems . The weather is cold (46 F) and I don't have heating or shower at home. I have restarted the boiler multiple times per technical support but still receiving the error code. I have called the customer service but they don't serve residentials in Seattle area and I am not able to find a service around my home.
Please help. Any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated. Or any service team that can fix with a reasonable price.
If I knew this boiler has such a poor or no support I would never purchase it.

Comments

• pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    Need a model #
  • Sarah110WA
    Sarah110WA Member Posts: 2
    Mascot FT natural gas
    Model MFTCW
  • BobZmuda
    BobZmuda Member Posts: 23
    Combustion error. One or more of the following: Not enough air, gas, or spark.

See if you can see it trying to ignite. If it is make sure your vent is open and combustion air intake is open.

MFTCW is not enough info. In the smaller unit there is a screen on the intake that could get clogged up with dryer lint, PVC pipe shavings from poor install, bird nests, etc.

Any decent HVAC guy should be able to service the unit. Far as I know no manufacturer is going to come to your house to service a unit.
    Ironman
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Manufacturers support their dealers and licensed heating contractors who in turn support their customers. If you bypassed the contractor by doing it yourself, then this can be the effect. I know that’s not what you want to hear, but it’s the truth.

I would recommend that you locate a contractor in your area who installs and services Laars and be up front with them about your situation and ask if they’ll service it.  And be prepared to pay what they charge - if you can get their help.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775

Hi,
    I have installed LARS Mascot FT boiler 2-3 years ago , it was working fine till 3 days ago when I started getting error code 10 - Combustion and ignition problems . The weather is cold (46 F) and I don't have heating or shower at home. I have restarted the boiler multiple times per technical support but still receiving the error code. I have called the customer service but they don't serve residentials in Seattle area and I am not able to find a service around my home.
    Please help. Any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated. Or any service team that can fix with a reasonable price.
    If I knew this boiler has such a poor or no support I would never purchase it.

Shopping for price 1st usually leads to other issues!

mattmia2
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Try Northwest Mechanical. www.nwmechanical.com They have a competent repair staff
    mattmia2
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    The last mascot I worked on, I needed to call tech-support, and first thing they asked me was, did it have the new rubber boot on it. And apparently there’s a new rubber boot that comes with a hole in it it’s a 90° angle and it attaches to the fresh air. The hole must allow more fresh air to come in somehow. But he wouldn’t even talk to me until I installed that part so that’s what I did. Didn’t seem to affect anything but it made him happy. 😊
    :-) Ken