Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old sparco/honeywell mixing valve.. TLC for the o-ring ?

Have a 20yr old Sparcomix/Honeywell AM 100-145 mixer in my hydronics.
I took it apart thinking I would buy the rebuild kit.
Not finding it (obsolete).
Plan is to yank all this hardware out next summer, so Im going to reassemble it and use it one more season.
However.. I should at least clean and get some plumbers grease on the body o-ring. After 20 years, Im imagining that oring isnt going to come off in a happy way as-is.
What can be done to soften it up for removal ?
30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
Currently in building maintenance.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Not a whole lot. And by now it may have taken a set and be difficult to get seated again so be cautious. How big is it? Many really good auto parts stores and some hardware stores have assorted o-rings.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    WD40 will help remove old o rings. It is probably worn or list it resiliency and may not seal

You could buy a new one and swap the internals 
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 586
    Not too large.. Im guessing an inch by a 16th ?
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170

Not too large.. Im guessing an inch by a 16th ?

I've got a box full of varying sizes of o-rings for my auto work -- that size is in there (well, the 1/16th is a little thin not sure I go that thin). Try a hardware store or an autoparts store.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Karl Reynolds
    Karl Reynolds Member Posts: 61
    Look up Honeywell part # AMU200-RP. It's a current offering from Honeywell. And they also have complete rebuild kits AM-1-025RP and AM-1-030RP (has 1070 element).