Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO poisoning in Nassau County, Long Island.

13 people poisoned on Long Island 6-27-2022. After trying to help a homeowner in Long Island I am not surprised. Can't wait to see how many stupid opinions will come out of this one! IMO = Incorrect, Misleading, Observations

Comments

• SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,580
    I read about that. What do you think happened?
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,041
    according to ABC7 NY
    "The cause of the carbon monoxide is believed to be from the heating system in the building."

Pretty vague, but at least they didn't blame the "A/C" this time
    pecmsg
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    The choices would be a water heater, makes sense with a lot of girls taking showers, or could be a gas stove. Cars and generators don't seem to be mentioned.
    It did say a CO Alarm went off. They do wait until you are sick before they do anything.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,842
    @captainco

Do you have a Link to this?
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    Thanks Erin!
    Erin Holohan Haskellpecmsg
  • pecmsg
    Thank you

Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 587
    By no means am I implying anything about this situation in particular as we have no details, but you have to wonder about how many "medium" sized systems out there are poorly maintained and just an incident waiting to happen.
    I guess that goes for all of our systems. Did the aircraft mech put in the wrong bolt to save a walk back to the tool shop ? Did the bridge inspector skip a part because it was raining ? Did the hotel put off maintenance because money was tight ?
    Staying alive is a precarious experience.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    Gotta wait for the facts to come out but I hope the owner(s) has their maintenance records in order.

• SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,580
    The building's heating system? In Late June?
    Why that day and not the day before?
  • pecmsg
    By no means am I implying anything about this situation in particular as we have no details, but you have to wonder about how many "medium" sized systems out there are poorly maintained and just an incident waiting to happen. I guess that goes for all of our systems. Did the aircraft mech put in the wrong bolt to save a walk back to the tool shop ? Did the bridge inspector skip a part because it was raining ? Did the hotel put off maintenance because money was tight ? Staying alive is a precarious experience.
    I’m more concerned with the ones that Don’t get reported!