Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Happy Fathers Day

Options
EdTheHeaterMan
EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,833
Here is a place to wish our surrogate father we never had, who taught us do much about how not to get all steamed up about the work we do.

Happy Fathers Day @DanHolohan, who has been like a father to me, in teaching me a lot about hydronics. Charging me big bucks to hear him talk about this stuff, Making me buy the books I needed to study this trade. And giving me his phone number if I ever needed his help. but he never answers that phone number

Reminds me of the good old days when my real dad was still alive. He also taught me stuff at a cost, made me by my own school books, and never answered the phone when I called (after he got Caller I*D installed on the line)

And to all the Dads out there that continue to help the next generation of Steam Heads

Here is a DAD Joke appropriate for tomorrow.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
In_New_Englandhot_rodPC7060

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Options
    Thanks, Ed. You always make me smile. 
    Retired and loving it.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,519
    Options
    Not taking a call from the techs is the best way to help....MAKE them learn!!! When some of us started we didn't have cell phones, hell we didn't have beepers yet.

Unfortunately the techs now call the minet they get to the job.

Dig in first, you might learn something. Don't call until you have gone as far as you can go, then if your still stuck think twice before calling.
    EdTheHeaterManratio
  • In_New_England
    In_New_England Member Posts: 130
    Options
    @EdTheHeaterMan sorry, I'm stealing this ...
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    Options

@EdTheHeaterMan sorry, I'm stealing this ...

It's yours for the taking.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    In_New_England
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 904
    Options
    I learned the most about a system and how to troubleshoot the problem when I was on a night call where I was stymied and had no one to call. Have a great FATHERS DAY
    PC7060EdTheHeaterMan
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,625
    Options
    Number One Son just got me a coffee cup for Father's Day, it says "If at first you don't succeed, try doing what ratio told you to do the first time".

What a great boy.

Happy Father's Day!

PC7060EdTheHeaterManAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    Options
    My final Dad Joke for this discussion.