Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat is buzzing loudly

David777
David777 Member Posts: 2
My thermostat in the basement that going to my  Furnace is buzzing loudly loudly.why? And should I be worried

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,090
    A little more detail might be helpful... what kind of thermostat? What kind of furnace? What does the thermostat control? How is it powered?

Yes you should be worried -- neither a thermostat nor a furnace should buzz. And I can't think why a thermostat should buzz...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • David777
    David777 Member Posts: 2
    It's a Meyer furnace.old.. thermostat is a Honeywell.  And I'm doing most of this by guessing cause both are so old to the point to where I can hardly see any markings. The furnace doesn't buzz but the thermostat which which I'm only me guessing but but after reading a bunch of forms on here if you guys talking back-and-forth I'm back in force I'm 90% sure 99% sure that is that is the thermostat It is vibrating or buzzing  Intellectric the  Furnace's gas
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,090
    I think a couple of pictures are in order here.

The thermostat is the gadget on the wall somewhere which controls the heat... I'm not sure what gadget we're talking about here.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England