Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A long overdue thanks to Heating Help

FB
FB Member Posts: 45
After spending months searching our house for the location of a system pressure loss, I finally found the culprit just a few feet away from the boiler. The 7 zone Watts manifold was seeping at several places. The drips quickly evaporated due to the water's heat but left some stains that finally caught my eye. My posts to The Wall asking for advice resulted in wonderful feedback from numerous members, with special thanks to Bob Rohr for his photos. We depend on our Buderus GB142-24 for both domestic hot water and radiant heating so waited for summer to install an additional valve to isolate the manifold. Then, with great trepidation, I removed the fittings to the zones, flow indicators and actuators to discover all the "O" rings were brittle and broken. Trying different "O" rings from a Harbor Freight assortment, 9/16" seemed to be just right; got a bag of them from Grainger. I'd gotten a good ebay deal on an unused 4 zone manifold; when I found one of our actuators was leaking internally it was replaced. That was several years ago and still no leaks! And a shout out to Dennis Bellanti here at Ferguson in Denver. I learned about him from one of Dan Holohan's articles and Dennis generously shared his knowledge and advice to help us achieve better "pumping away." This old retired guy thanks Erin, Dan and the entire Heating Help family.
Fred
mattmia2rick in AlaskaLarry WeingartenZmanratio

Comments

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks for your nice note, Fred. I'm glad everything worked out and appreciate you sharing this with us.

And thanks to the Heating Help community for always being so generous with your knowledge.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, Fred!
    Retired and loving it.